The object of our faith is the Lord Jesus Christ. In Hebrews 11:1, we find our Lord’s description of faith, “Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Faith is defined in Hebrews 12:2 where the Bible says, “Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith.”
The church moves forward by faith. God is only real as we have faith in Him. When the apostle Paul wrote to the church in Rome, he talked about their faith being spoken of. When someone speaks of your faith, what characteristics do you want them to mention? A church that has truly placed their faith in God should identify with these characteristics of faith in Christ.
- We Believe God’s Word.
- We Believe the Church Was Established by the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We Believe Christ Satisfies.
- We Believe God Hears and Answers Prayer.
- We Attempt Great Things for God.
- We Faithfully Attend the Services of the Church.
- We Believe the Christian Life is a Holy Life.
- We Keep the Sacred Covenant of Marriage.
- We Give a Clear Presentation of the Gospel.
- Our Worship Services Bring Honor and Glory to the Lord Jesus Christ.
- We Live Changed Lives.
- We Live in Submission to the Headship of Jesus Christ.
- We Have Holy Spirit Power and We Labor in the Strength of the Lord.
- Our Families Read the Bible and Pray Together.
- We Are Joyous People.
- We Love One Another.
- We Are Deeply Committed to the Task of World Evangelism.
- We Take the High Road.
- We Place the Proper Emphasis on the Lord’s Day.
- We Are a Believing Church.
During this unprecedented time, our church family is focusing on the revival of the Temple Baptist Church. We want to see each of these things exemplified in each member’s life. You may wish the same for you and your church family. Revival is not for the lost person; it is for the Christian. Habakkuk 2:4 tells us, “the just shall live by his faith.” May we be people who live by our faith.